IFW 3.0c Fails Byte-for-Byte Comparason
Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:56 pm
Just installed IFW/IFL 3.0c.
On my first attempt to backup the boot disk partitions using "Image for Windows (x64) 3.00c" IFW selected PHYLock. The result was "Error - Image for Windows" - 'Byte-for-Byte Comparison failed" " on the C: partition.
On my second attempt to backup the boot disk partitions I went into Image for Windows - Settings - PhyLock/VSS - PHYLock Settings and checked "Disable Usage". "VSS Settings" had "Use VSS When Available" checked. IFW would not take the backup. "Attempting to creat VSS snapshot" "Windows is locking volumes" "Warning - Image for Windows" "Unable to obtain lock on C: ..." - Abort/Retry/Ignore.
I ran other tests:
I took a backup of the boot disk partitions with IFL 3.0c using "Validate Byte-for-Byte" and had no problem.
I took a backup of the boot disk partitions with IFW 2.99-00 using VSS and "Validate Byte-for-Byte" and had no problem.
Windows 10 Home version 1511 (10586.545), 32GB memory.
Any suggestion on resolving the IFW 3.0C "Validate Byte-for-Byte" Issue?
Thanks
On my first attempt to backup the boot disk partitions using "Image for Windows (x64) 3.00c" IFW selected PHYLock. The result was "Error - Image for Windows" - 'Byte-for-Byte Comparison failed" " on the C: partition.
On my second attempt to backup the boot disk partitions I went into Image for Windows - Settings - PhyLock/VSS - PHYLock Settings and checked "Disable Usage". "VSS Settings" had "Use VSS When Available" checked. IFW would not take the backup. "Attempting to creat VSS snapshot" "Windows is locking volumes" "Warning - Image for Windows" "Unable to obtain lock on C: ..." - Abort/Retry/Ignore.
I ran other tests:
I took a backup of the boot disk partitions with IFL 3.0c using "Validate Byte-for-Byte" and had no problem.
I took a backup of the boot disk partitions with IFW 2.99-00 using VSS and "Validate Byte-for-Byte" and had no problem.
Windows 10 Home version 1511 (10586.545), 32GB memory.
Any suggestion on resolving the IFW 3.0C "Validate Byte-for-Byte" Issue?
Thanks