Linux Mint won't reboot aafter restore.
Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:27 pm
I recently wanted to "clean up" my SSD (1TB Samsung 940EVO) so I made an image of my OS's: Linux Mint 17.3, Windows 7 ULT + SP!, and Windows 10 PRO. I am using the latest BIBM version (don't remember the number). I made sure they were good images by restoring each to a blank portion of my SSD and booting them. (NOTE: I only booted each once during checkout). After checking, I removed all, cleared the boot sectors, and reinstalled Linux Mint as the first partition. It booted okay once and the second time all I get is a flashing cursor at the top left part of my screen. I wanted to resize it so I tried KB 590 using fsck -fy with the Linux Mint Live CD on a USB flash drive. This didn't fix the problem and it still will not boot. I uninstalled everything and restored Linux Mint again and it booted once and then won't boot the second time. I then reimaged Win7 as the second partition to write this post. I haven't reinstalled Win10 and I don't intend to at this point in time. All of my images are on a second 1TB Hitachi HD. I am going on an extended weekend so will not see this until Sunday but any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.
Bob S
Bob S