My computer is sick
Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:54 pm
I know the networking card in my laptop is causing hardware problems.
Internet access is BAD. A USB external networking card is working. I may
ask a local guy to look it over next week.
There may also be software stuff.
After a restore, sound was disabled. Reboot. It's there.
Thunderbird would not run (after it had already been running minutes
before) Reboot. It runs.
At one point I could not delete messages in Thunderbird. I shut it down
and restarted it. Now I could delete. No, no other changes were made.
Am considering imaging what I now have and then restoring an image from
May 2015 that would need LOTS of MS updates plus other programs.
It is is ram, that might not be necessary or useful.
Could faulty ram cause such weirdnesses? There are 2 sims of 4 GB each.
It seems to be getting more intense with time.
Comments
Thanks
Mary Nelson
Internet access is BAD. A USB external networking card is working. I may
ask a local guy to look it over next week.
There may also be software stuff.
After a restore, sound was disabled. Reboot. It's there.
Thunderbird would not run (after it had already been running minutes
before) Reboot. It runs.
At one point I could not delete messages in Thunderbird. I shut it down
and restarted it. Now I could delete. No, no other changes were made.
Am considering imaging what I now have and then restoring an image from
May 2015 that would need LOTS of MS updates plus other programs.
It is is ram, that might not be necessary or useful.
Could faulty ram cause such weirdnesses? There are 2 sims of 4 GB each.
It seems to be getting more intense with time.
Comments
Thanks
Mary Nelson