Hi Paul
Please see my answers below:
1. Does the RAID have a bootable setting?
I don't see anything inside the raid config utility or the BIOS about making the raid bootable.
2. Have you tried resetting the MBR code on the RAID?
Yes I did by following the instructions on this link:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/927392
In cmd I run:
- bootrec /fixmbr = Output: The Operation was successful
- bootrec /fixboot = Output: The Operation was successful
- bootrec /rebuildbcd = Output: Scanning all disks for windows installations.
Successfully scanned windows installations. Total identified Windows installations: 0.
The Operation was successful.
I rebooted the computer but I get the same error. I then backed-up, renamed and recreated the bcd file.
- bootrec /rebuildbcd = Output: Scanning all disks for windows installations.
Successfully scanned windows installations. Total identified Windows installations: 1.
Add installation to boot list? typed yes. The Operation completed successfully.
In all cases I got the same error after rebooting the PC.
3. Does Windows start booting or is the error immediately after the BIOS finishes and before Windows would start?
Yes the error comes up before windows would start. BIOS starts, then the RAID configuration pops up showing that RAID is in "normal" mode and that
both disks are "member" disks
3. I un-installed all drivers and reinstalled just the "iaStorAC" driver as you suggested, then run the IFL restore but the result was the same.
-----------------------------------------------------
To Terabyte support:
<<But "error loading operating system" is different. That can be geometry
related, or wrong partition loading, or the BIOS support for loading. So
ensure your raid controller is configured to support a BIOS and all drive
information is detected and supported for its size.>>
I'm not sure what you mean exactly. My RAID1 config seems to be functioning. It can see both drives and their sizes.
<<Make sure the correct partition is active (if you do an entire drive backup/restore it will be by default). >>
I do an entire drive backup and restore
<<Check in BIBM partition work properties of the partitions to see if you get a BPB warning message and if so, fix it.>>
What is BIBM? and where can I find the partition work properties please?
Many thanks