script not mounting cifs share
Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:25 am
Hi, I'm running Linux mint 17.3 and the latest IFL. My configuration is as follow:
/ is on the 1st drive and I want to backup the entire drive. /home is on an intel raid 5 and is backed up real time using syncovery so I don't need IFL to back that up. For what it's worth, my /etc/fstab successfully creates a network share to a NAS drive.
In the same folder of that same NAS share is a subfolder named images, where I want the backup to go.
I've gone all through the sudo ./makeGRUB and attached a script and I can reboot and select IFL from the boot menu. When I do, it brings up the gui asking if I want to make a backup, do a restore...etc. but doesn't automatically start a backup and IFL indicates no shares are mounted. I CAN make a drive using IFL's interface. Here's my script with all the ## removed for easier reading for you. I'm not going to display the functions because I've not changed any of that.
#export TERM=dumb I'm not ready to run a cron job yet so I haven't removed the #
redirectnull=n
protocol=cifs
IFLpath=/tbu/imagel
server="geqnap"
(I've tried the ip address as well)
share="ManCaveSync"
mountpoint=/home/cave-man/syncovery
(This is a folder I created on my /home drive which as I said is a separate raid 5 drive. I've also tried /media/syncovery which is on the / drive because that's where fstab mounts that permanent share.)
mountoptions="-o guest" (no login required)
number_image_commands=1
## Set [1] of image command line parameters (backup example given)
iflcmd1[1]="-b --d:l1"
iflcmd2[1]="--f:$mountpoint/images/myimage"
iflcmd3[1]="--vb --uy"
iflmessage[1]="Creating image myimage"
#################### End Configuration #######################################
/ is on the 1st drive and I want to backup the entire drive. /home is on an intel raid 5 and is backed up real time using syncovery so I don't need IFL to back that up. For what it's worth, my /etc/fstab successfully creates a network share to a NAS drive.
In the same folder of that same NAS share is a subfolder named images, where I want the backup to go.
I've gone all through the sudo ./makeGRUB and attached a script and I can reboot and select IFL from the boot menu. When I do, it brings up the gui asking if I want to make a backup, do a restore...etc. but doesn't automatically start a backup and IFL indicates no shares are mounted. I CAN make a drive using IFL's interface. Here's my script with all the ## removed for easier reading for you. I'm not going to display the functions because I've not changed any of that.
#export TERM=dumb I'm not ready to run a cron job yet so I haven't removed the #
redirectnull=n
protocol=cifs
IFLpath=/tbu/imagel
server="geqnap"
(I've tried the ip address as well)
share="ManCaveSync"
mountpoint=/home/cave-man/syncovery
(This is a folder I created on my /home drive which as I said is a separate raid 5 drive. I've also tried /media/syncovery which is on the / drive because that's where fstab mounts that permanent share.)
mountoptions="-o guest" (no login required)
number_image_commands=1
## Set [1] of image command line parameters (backup example given)
iflcmd1[1]="-b --d:l1"
iflcmd2[1]="--f:$mountpoint/images/myimage"
iflcmd3[1]="--vb --uy"
iflmessage[1]="Creating image myimage"
#################### End Configuration #######################################