Confusing (wrong?) drive designator in restore Summary?
Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:18 pm
I'm using IFW 2.98 x64 to restore a single partition.
On the screen "select where to restore the partitions", the tree looks like
HD1 MBR (1907720 MiB) (cksum)
(D:) DRIVE_D (1000000 MiB) cksum
(E:) DRIVE_E (907720 MiB) cksum
The blue selection highlight is on the line with DRIVE_D when I click Next
I get the warning that (D:) DRIVE_D on HD1 will be overwritten.
I click Yes, and see the Restore Options page. I set the Resize after Restore to the largest size (I'm restoring to a new, bigger drive).
I click Next and get to the final confirmation screen.
The summary says:
Operation: restore individual items
From: \\network-path\D-drive-image-file
To: Drive 1 [1.82 TiB] E: {WDC WD20EFRX}
That E: in the final confirmation is unexpected and troubling. I do not want to restore to E: I set IFW to restore to D:, and the overwrite warning confirmed it.
What does this E: in the final summary mean?
On the screen "select where to restore the partitions", the tree looks like
HD1 MBR (1907720 MiB) (cksum)
(D:) DRIVE_D (1000000 MiB) cksum
(E:) DRIVE_E (907720 MiB) cksum
The blue selection highlight is on the line with DRIVE_D when I click Next
I get the warning that (D:) DRIVE_D on HD1 will be overwritten.
I click Yes, and see the Restore Options page. I set the Resize after Restore to the largest size (I'm restoring to a new, bigger drive).
I click Next and get to the final confirmation screen.
The summary says:
Operation: restore individual items
From: \\network-path\D-drive-image-file
To: Drive 1 [1.82 TiB] E: {WDC WD20EFRX}
That E: in the final confirmation is unexpected and troubling. I do not want to restore to E: I set IFW to restore to D:, and the overwrite warning confirmed it.
What does this E: in the final summary mean?