Command line help needed for saving image to right location
Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:34 pm
Evidently, the copy or save location for images changes when external drives are added or removed and, thus, the IFW wizard does not work correctly for creating new tasks that involve saving an image to a drive even if the drive partition letter does not change.
For example I want to copy my Windows OS on drive parition C: to a folder in drive partition E:. The command outputted by the wizard: /b /d:w0@0x1 /f:"E:\Image\COMPLETE-$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$" /max:4GiB /purge:-11 /comp:15 /log:0 does this. However, as soon as I add an external hard drive, whether its F: G H or any other letter beyond E:, I can't complete the image backup. It seems the problem has to do with the "d:w0@0x1" identification which changes when I add or remove a drive. I played around with the "output disk ID to command line" and "Use volume label" but they didn't seem to have any effect. How do I fix this? And please give a sample command.
For example I want to copy my Windows OS on drive parition C: to a folder in drive partition E:. The command outputted by the wizard: /b /d:w0@0x1 /f:"E:\Image\COMPLETE-$~YYYY$-$~MM$-$~DD$" /max:4GiB /purge:-11 /comp:15 /log:0 does this. However, as soon as I add an external hard drive, whether its F: G H or any other letter beyond E:, I can't complete the image backup. It seems the problem has to do with the "d:w0@0x1" identification which changes when I add or remove a drive. I played around with the "output disk ID to command line" and "Use volume label" but they didn't seem to have any effect. How do I fix this? And please give a sample command.