BIBM Support for Microsoft Surface Book
Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:32 pm
Does BIBM work with a Microsoft Surface Book (Windows 10 installed)?
I know how to access the UEFI and turn off Secure Boot there and how to
turn off Fast Startup in Windows 10, both of which I understand are not
compatible with BIBM. However in this UEFI I did not see any setting
for enabling "legacy" support. Is there anything else to consider?
I would use a 4GB USB flash drive for the initial BIBM boot. My normal
procedure then would be to shrink the current Windows partition, use the
freed space to add some additional partitions for testing, etc., and
also install BIBM on the drive. I would turn off Limit Partitions since
I typically use more than four primaries on my PCs.
I don't yet know what surprises Microsoft might have put on the SSD in
their factory install, e.g., relocating the boot files out of the C:
drive.
I'm also looking for advice on the BIBM USB flash drive configuration
for use with a Surface Book. Are the MakeDisk USB/SD defaults OK?
USB Layout: Partition - MBR FAT/FAT32 partition
Geometry Calculation Method: Default - Use Device
Or are there better choices for a Surface Book?
I wanted to ask here before buying another BIBM copy, but then finding
it could not be used with Surface Book.
I know how to access the UEFI and turn off Secure Boot there and how to
turn off Fast Startup in Windows 10, both of which I understand are not
compatible with BIBM. However in this UEFI I did not see any setting
for enabling "legacy" support. Is there anything else to consider?
I would use a 4GB USB flash drive for the initial BIBM boot. My normal
procedure then would be to shrink the current Windows partition, use the
freed space to add some additional partitions for testing, etc., and
also install BIBM on the drive. I would turn off Limit Partitions since
I typically use more than four primaries on my PCs.
I don't yet know what surprises Microsoft might have put on the SSD in
their factory install, e.g., relocating the boot files out of the C:
drive.
I'm also looking for advice on the BIBM USB flash drive configuration
for use with a Surface Book. Are the MakeDisk USB/SD defaults OK?
USB Layout: Partition - MBR FAT/FAT32 partition
Geometry Calculation Method: Default - Use Device
Or are there better choices for a Surface Book?
I wanted to ask here before buying another BIBM copy, but then finding
it could not be used with Surface Book.