ExFAT or NTFS for UFD?
Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:01 pm
I just bought a new laptop running Windows 10 Home x64. I installed IFW v2.98 and successfully imaged the drive to an external drive (NTFS) via a USB 3.0 port. I was able to restore that image using a bootable UFD containing IFL.
What I want to do now is store an image of the drive on a 64 GB UFD and be able to restore the image with the IFL flash drive. The 64 GB drive is presently FAT32, so it won't work with the large image file (>4 GB).
Should I re-format the 64 GB UFD as ExFAT or as NTFS? Will either format work with IFW and IFL?
What I want to do now is store an image of the drive on a 64 GB UFD and be able to restore the image with the IFL flash drive. The 64 GB drive is presently FAT32, so it won't work with the large image file (>4 GB).
Should I re-format the 64 GB UFD as ExFAT or as NTFS? Will either format work with IFW and IFL?