Page 1 of 1

IFW and Image on the same disk?

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:16 am
by DavidA
I'm using Win 7 x64, a 250GB SSD (just one partition), 4 USB ports all USB3. I have a 128GB, USB3 thumb drive. If I use this drive as the emergency boot disk, can I also create an image of C on the same drive? Or do I need a boot disk and a separate one for the image?

Thanks,

David

Re: IFW and Image on the same disk?

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:29 am
by Brian K
David,

Yes, that will work. But is the 128 GB UFD large enough to hold the image of the OS partition.

Re: IFW and Image on the same disk?

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:18 am
by mjnelson99
Is the 128 GB or MB?????

I haven't seen a thumb drive that large.

On 12/19/2015 7:16 PM, DavidA wrote:
> I'm using Win 7 x64, a 250GB SSD (just one partition), 4 USB ports all USB3. I have a 128GB, USB3 thumb drive. If I use this drive as the emergency boot disk, can I also create an image of C on the same drive? Or do I need a boot disk and a separate one for the image?
>
> Thanks,
>
> David
>
>

Re: IFW and Image on the same disk?

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:19 pm
by DavidA
Thanks for your replies. The drive is in fact 128GB ($27.99 in Costco. Want one?). And the last image I made was 65+GB. I only have Win 7 and programs I use all the time on C, all data and other programs are a 5TB USB3 drive. Do I make the drive a boot disk and then create the image using the same drive as the destination after that?

David

Re: IFW and Image on the same disk?

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:25 am
by TeraByte Support
yes, you'd want to create the boot media first since it's easier to use
makedisk which will overwrite it.



"DavidA" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Thanks for your replies. The drive is in fact 128GB ($27.99 in Costco. Want
one?). And the last image I made was 65+GB. I only have Win 7 and programs I
use all the time on C, all data and other programs are a 5TB USB3 drive. Do
I make the drive a boot disk and then create the image using the same drive
as the destination after that?

David