Page 1 of 1

file system compatibility

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:40 am
by P19
I have a machine with a UEFI partitioning scheme and NTFS file system, on which a version of Windows is installed. Using IFL, I want to back it up to a USB stick with a fat32 file system. Afterwards, I will move the backup onto a larger device with NTFS. Will this procedure work without losing any information due to file systems or other factor? Thanks.

Re: file system compatibility

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:07 pm
by TeraByte Support
NTFS and FAT32 are supported so you're good.


"P19" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

I have a machine with a UEFI partitioning scheme and NTFS file system, on
which a version of Windows is installed. Using IFL, I want to back it up to
a USB stick with a fat32 file system. Afterwards, I will move the backup
onto a larger device with NTFS. Will this procedure work without losing any
information due to file systems or other factor? Thanks.


Re: file system compatibility

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:52 am
by P19
Thanks for information. I did learn that it was necessary to keep the backup files to no larger than 4 GB because the FAT32 is thus limited.

Re: file system compatibility

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:29 pm
by TeraByte Support
and for everyone, limiting to 2G is actually faster because it seems windows
slows way down on files larger than 2G on FAT32.


"P19" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Thanks for information. I did learn that it was necessary to keep the backup
files to no larger than 4 GB because the FAT32 is thus limited.