Use File System Label with "Multiple File Set" IFL
Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:06 pm
I have built a grub2 multiboot system with 14 linux distros, 1 grub2 boot partition and 1 common swap partition used by each of the 14 distros: all 16 partitions are logical drives contained in one extended disk partition on an MBR drive.
Image for Linux offers a "Multiple File Set" to store backup images of all 16 logical drives /partitions. The file name template that is offered for naming these files when the multiple file set option is chosen is not useful identifying the image.
Unuseful labeling
Backup1-2015-12-04.tbi
Backup2-2015-12-04.tbi
..
..
I would like to have each file created named with the file system label displayed in the partition selection window. I have assigned these file system labels with linux application gparted.
Useful labeling:
UbuntuGnome1510-2015-12-04.tbi
UbuntuMate1510-2015-12-04.tbi
..
..
Is there a variable for the file system label that can be used in the filename field, like the variables used to place the current date and time? Must this be done with some kind of script?
Thanks in advance,
Longtime Terabyte Licensed User
Image for Linux offers a "Multiple File Set" to store backup images of all 16 logical drives /partitions. The file name template that is offered for naming these files when the multiple file set option is chosen is not useful identifying the image.
Unuseful labeling
Backup1-2015-12-04.tbi
Backup2-2015-12-04.tbi
..
..
I would like to have each file created named with the file system label displayed in the partition selection window. I have assigned these file system labels with linux application gparted.
Useful labeling:
UbuntuGnome1510-2015-12-04.tbi
UbuntuMate1510-2015-12-04.tbi
..
..
Is there a variable for the file system label that can be used in the filename field, like the variables used to place the current date and time? Must this be done with some kind of script?
Thanks in advance,
Longtime Terabyte Licensed User