Controller reassigned disks! What do I do???
Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:01 pm
Hi - I have a i5 Windows 7 machine that's never given me a day of trouble - But a really weird thing happened last night. I have my backups automated (Perl is a wonderful thing), and last night the full backup backed up the -wrong- hard disk. I opened IFW and tried to redo it, and in the selection menu I saw that the hard disks were numbered differently! The first one is always the system disk, and the last one is always my storage disk - but today they were reversed! So when IFW did a backup using the controller specification, it found the wrong disk. I powered down and restarted this morning, and all was back to the way it should be. I auto-reboot every night before the backup, and somehow after last night's reboot the controller numbering came up different!
Has anyone seen anything like this before? Is it likely to recur? Is there some way to set up IFW to search by drive letter rather than physical controller #?
Thanks!
/j
Has anyone seen anything like this before? Is it likely to recur? Is there some way to set up IFW to search by drive letter rather than physical controller #?
Thanks!
/j