Page 1 of 1

hibernation and page files in Windows 10

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:50 pm
by P19
I use the latest versions of Windows 10 Pro and IFL, which I boot into from USB stick. When setting it to backup from drive C to E, I click the options not to include the hibernation and page files in Windows, but they appear in the list of backed up files I see when viewing the data later in TBIView. Is there something else I am missing? Thanks.

This is a great program, which any Windows owner with good sense would use if he/she knew what was good for him.

Re: hibernation and page files in Windows 10

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:00 pm
by TeraByte Support
correct, the files will exist but compressed to zero in the image.

"P19" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

I use the latest versions of Windows 10 Pro and IFL, which I boot into from
USB stick. When setting it to backup from drive C to E, I click the options
not to include the hibernation and page files in Windows, but they appear in
the list of backed up files I see when viewing the data later in TBIView. Is
there something else I am missing? Thanks.

This is a great program, which any Windows owner with good sense would use
if he/she knew what was good for him.


Re: hibernation and page files in Windows 10

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:14 pm
by P19
> "the files will exist but compressed to zero in the image. "

the size for these files does not show to be zero in TBIView; it shows them to be several GB.

Re: hibernation and page files in Windows 10

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:42 pm
by Bob Coleman
I'm no authority on this, but I had the same questions and experimented not too long ago. My recollection is that TBIView probably shows the size that the file originally occupied on the source partition and that if the files are not excluded the resulting image file is significantly larger.

Re: hibernation and page files in Windows 10

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:45 pm
by TeraByte Support
The data is compressed to zero (doesn't take space in the image).

"P19" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "the files will exist but compressed to zero in the image. "

the size for these files does not show to be zero in TBIView; it shows them
to be several GB.