IFW 2.97e - puzzling access violation
Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:44 pm
I haven't mentioned this until now because I thought it was a fluke, but it turns out that it happens most of the time (it does not happen in a minority of the attempts) when doing large full backups with 2.97e. I never saw this at all with earlier versions (though the 2.97 releases came so frequently that I didn't have enough experience with any one of them until "e" came along--but this definitely wasn't a problem with 2.96 and earlier), it doesn't happen with smaller full backups (though that's against a different volume), and it doesn't happen with differentials against the same volumes.
Nothing is written to the IFW log, so that's of no use. Nothing is written to Event Viewer. This is Server 2003R2.
It looks like it happens pretty far into the backup (a good hour) in what I think is the transition from the backup to the validation process.
Is it maybe something about "e" that would go away if I revert? The command-line is unchanged:
start /WAIT imagew.exe /b /uy /um /evlogl:1 /d:w1@0x3E7,0x3E8 /f:"F:\IFW_Backups\Image_Full_Monthly_G_H_Drive" /v /hash /exlist=c:\excludes.txt
Nothing is written to the IFW log, so that's of no use. Nothing is written to Event Viewer. This is Server 2003R2.
It looks like it happens pretty far into the backup (a good hour) in what I think is the transition from the backup to the validation process.
Is it maybe something about "e" that would go away if I revert? The command-line is unchanged:
start /WAIT imagew.exe /b /uy /um /evlogl:1 /d:w1@0x3E7,0x3E8 /f:"F:\IFW_Backups\Image_Full_Monthly_G_H_Drive" /v /hash /exlist=c:\excludes.txt