BIOS issues?
Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:12 pm
I have an older Acer Aspire 5755 laptop purchased in early 2012. Last
time I booted it about a month ago, it was okay.
Today, it will not boot into Windows w/o going into bios settings.
On bootup, it does not display F2 or F12 (change boot device).
I can get it to boot Windows if I exit w/o saving.
I did a bios update from within Windows 7 up to the one before UEFI, 1.20?
Did a restore of a July, 2015 Windows.
Same thing happening.
Suspect I may have motherboard issues. This computer has no warranties
on it at all anymore.
I tried to run Memtest86+ and cannot boot the USB drive. Windows itself
did a rather short test and found no issues.
Comments welcome.
Mary
time I booted it about a month ago, it was okay.
Today, it will not boot into Windows w/o going into bios settings.
On bootup, it does not display F2 or F12 (change boot device).
I can get it to boot Windows if I exit w/o saving.
I did a bios update from within Windows 7 up to the one before UEFI, 1.20?
Did a restore of a July, 2015 Windows.
Same thing happening.
Suspect I may have motherboard issues. This computer has no warranties
on it at all anymore.
I tried to run Memtest86+ and cannot boot the USB drive. Windows itself
did a rather short test and found no issues.
Comments welcome.
Mary