Is my IFL BU OK?
Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:48 am
Hi Imagers,
I received a new HP computer with Win10. I was able to boot to IFL after making some BIOS changes(secure disk disabled/legacy enabled). The computer has never been started, that is, its never reached the Win10 OS. Its virgin from the factory. I imaged the entire drive. IFL Displayed a list of the entire drive contents and its partitions as such:
[ ] DRIVE 953870MiB ENTIRE DRIVE
[ ] SYSTEM **ACTIVE**(01) 360MiB EFI SYSTEM
[ ] MICROSOFT RESERVERD PARTITION(02) 128MiB GPT ENTRY
[ ] WINDOWS PARTITION(03) 102400MiB HPFS/NTFS
[ ] WINRE PARTITION(04) 848MiB HPFS/NTFS
[ ] RECOVER IMAGE PARTITION(05) 19232MiB HPFS/NTFS
The image went well. However after looking at each partition with TBIView I received this message when attempting to view
the MICROSOFT RESERVERD PARTITION(02) 128MiB GPT ENTRY partition:
"Unable to mount the image.
Common reasons: dirty file system, incorrect partition file system
identifier, unsupported file system, or an error occurred."
So, I am asking if you experienced imager's can confirm that that image is not viewable in TBIView because its GPT?
Also, will that partition image restore OK in this state?
I think everything if fine but I've not seen this before because my machines were MBR.
Thanks for your thoughts!
I received a new HP computer with Win10. I was able to boot to IFL after making some BIOS changes(secure disk disabled/legacy enabled). The computer has never been started, that is, its never reached the Win10 OS. Its virgin from the factory. I imaged the entire drive. IFL Displayed a list of the entire drive contents and its partitions as such:
[ ] DRIVE 953870MiB ENTIRE DRIVE
[ ] SYSTEM **ACTIVE**(01) 360MiB EFI SYSTEM
[ ] MICROSOFT RESERVERD PARTITION(02) 128MiB GPT ENTRY
[ ] WINDOWS PARTITION(03) 102400MiB HPFS/NTFS
[ ] WINRE PARTITION(04) 848MiB HPFS/NTFS
[ ] RECOVER IMAGE PARTITION(05) 19232MiB HPFS/NTFS
The image went well. However after looking at each partition with TBIView I received this message when attempting to view
the MICROSOFT RESERVERD PARTITION(02) 128MiB GPT ENTRY partition:
"Unable to mount the image.
Common reasons: dirty file system, incorrect partition file system
identifier, unsupported file system, or an error occurred."
So, I am asking if you experienced imager's can confirm that that image is not viewable in TBIView because its GPT?
Also, will that partition image restore OK in this state?
I think everything if fine but I've not seen this before because my machines were MBR.
Thanks for your thoughts!