Deleting Images Created in Simple Mode
Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:39 pm
On 16 Aug, I purchased IFW 2.97d and have been doing backups of my computer using Simple Mode. The User Manual says IFW will delete old images as needed when the disk is full. HOWEVER, I have other software the automatically writes to the same backup drive and cannot allow IFW to use the entire drive. The only method I have found to delete the older images is to use the Settings screen to turn off Simple Mode, and then use the method described on page 34 of the User Manual. which requires me to delete each file one-at-a-time and answer a confirmation screen for each file. I then discovered this method will NOT let me delete the folder that contained the image files.
So here's the question: is it really necessary to go through that process or can the files and associated directories be deleted directly with Windows Explorer without messing up the software, e.g., is IFW maintaining some sort of index of all of the images that would then be out-of-sync?
--Ernie
So here's the question: is it really necessary to go through that process or can the files and associated directories be deleted directly with Windows Explorer without messing up the software, e.g., is IFW maintaining some sort of index of all of the images that would then be out-of-sync?
--Ernie