TBIView - Unable to see Non-Egnlish Folder names.
Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:04 pm
Hi all!
Just recently, I had one of my HDD's fail (the one containing the OS and most of my files), and it's data transferred into an Image File, so that I could access it later on.
By using TBIMount, I'm able to access most files on it, but due to some security issues on one of the folders, I'm unable to access the Username folder, which is where I kept most of the data on the drive. While I've tried several ways to get permission to access that folder, I've thus far failed.
On the other hand, TBIView allows me to bypass that and have access to files on that Username folder. The problem is that TBIView doesn't allow me to view the contents under a folder whose name is not in English, but in Japanese, as is the case right now.
For example, while using TBIView, if a folder is named "Folder_1", I can access it's contents without an issue. But if it's named ”フォルダ_1”, then I can't view any of it's contents, both files and sub-folders.
As many of the sub-folder names on my Username folder are in Japanese, I'm having a rough time accessing many of my files. Is there something I could do to fix that?
Just recently, I had one of my HDD's fail (the one containing the OS and most of my files), and it's data transferred into an Image File, so that I could access it later on.
By using TBIMount, I'm able to access most files on it, but due to some security issues on one of the folders, I'm unable to access the Username folder, which is where I kept most of the data on the drive. While I've tried several ways to get permission to access that folder, I've thus far failed.
On the other hand, TBIView allows me to bypass that and have access to files on that Username folder. The problem is that TBIView doesn't allow me to view the contents under a folder whose name is not in English, but in Japanese, as is the case right now.
For example, while using TBIView, if a folder is named "Folder_1", I can access it's contents without an issue. But if it's named ”フォルダ_1”, then I can't view any of it's contents, both files and sub-folders.
As many of the sub-folder names on my Username folder are in Japanese, I'm having a rough time accessing many of my files. Is there something I could do to fix that?