Questions about IFD 2.97e
Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:28 am
It been a few months since I last used IFD. Went to use it yesterday and discovered my ver 2.93 has evolved to ver 2.97e - great, I thought. Downloaded ver 2.97e, extracted contents. used make disk to create bootable flash drive - all very cool. Started a back up and observed numerous differences not mentioned in the historical section. This is what I have observed after numerous downloads/extractions/backups on two computers (I say numerous because I figured I was getting bad download, or buggy transaction somewhere and kept changing things expecting a difference.):
No mouse support. (Booooooo!!!!!!!!!!)
Only complete drive option available - no multi file option.
Backed up partitions don't have .TBI suffix; instead, have _1, _2, _3 . . .
Process now sequentially backs up, then sequentially validates - rather than backup, validate; backup, validate . . .
When sought permission to open one partition, all partitions acquired that permission (Cool!!!!!!)
Speed is faster by about 1/3. (Very Cool!!!!!!!!!!)
New folder labeled "Terabyte_TBI_Backups" created. It's big, what is that?
Is this the way things are supposed to be? Thanks for your input!
No mouse support. (Booooooo!!!!!!!!!!)
Only complete drive option available - no multi file option.
Backed up partitions don't have .TBI suffix; instead, have _1, _2, _3 . . .
Process now sequentially backs up, then sequentially validates - rather than backup, validate; backup, validate . . .
When sought permission to open one partition, all partitions acquired that permission (Cool!!!!!!)
Speed is faster by about 1/3. (Very Cool!!!!!!!!!!)
New folder labeled "Terabyte_TBI_Backups" created. It's big, what is that?
Is this the way things are supposed to be? Thanks for your input!