Page 1 of 1
IFL can't see Backups
Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:30 pm
by ws3333
IFL 2.96 simple mode on 1GB USB
Booting on dual booting Windows 10/Windows 7 - old Dell
in Backup mode, IFL lists the hard drives on the PC, and the external hard drive, but in Restore mode, it says No Backups available
Why, and can I fix it?
I'm trying IFL because IFD won't let me use the USB keyboard - are there any other alternatives that might work better?
Thanks much!
Re: IFL can't see Backups
Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:49 am
by mjnelson99
Do you give it a little time to display?
As I recall, I had to do that.
Mary
On 8/25/2015 6:30 PM, ws3333 wrote:
> IFL 2.96 simple mode on 1GB USB
> Booting on dual booting Windows 10/Windows 7 - old Dell
> in Backup mode, IFL lists the hard drives on the PC, and the external hard drive, but in Restore mode, it says No Backups available
> Why, and can I fix it?
>
> I'm trying IFL because IFD won't let me use the USB keyboard - are there any other alternatives that might work better?
>
> Thanks much!
>
>
Re: IFL can't see Backups
Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:56 pm
by TeraByte Support(TP)
ws3333 wrote:
> IFL 2.96 simple mode on 1GB USB
> Booting on dual booting Windows 10/Windows 7 - old Dell
> in Backup mode, IFL lists the hard drives on the PC, and the external hard
> drive, but in Restore mode, it says No Backups available
> Why, and can I fix it?
>
> I'm trying IFL because IFD won't let me use the USB keyboard - are there
> any other alternatives that might work better?
>
> Thanks much!
To restore a backup with IFL from Simple Operations mode, the backup would have to be created in Simple Operations mode, in order for IFL to find it.
If you go into Settings and disable Simple Operations, you would then be able to access backups not created in Simple Operations mode, using the traditional IFL menus. See the IFL manual starting on page 78 for an explanation of Simple Operations.