SSD Compatibility
Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:54 pm
I'm building a new computer around an ASUS Z170 Deluxe motherboard and an Intel Skylake processor. I like BIBM, but it doesn't like UEFI. So, I will need to enable the Compatibility Support Module in BIOS and format the hard drive in legacy MBR in order to install BIBM on the boot drive (I'll be formatting GPT on the data drives). I'm trying to decide which type of SSD to install on the boot drive:
- SSD Sata
- M.2 PCIe AHCI
- M.2 PCIe NVMe
I will be installing Win7 and maybe Win10 as clean installs. Will I have trouble installing any of these drives with Win7 or Win10, in concert with BIBM and CSM enabled?
Any advice is very much appreciated.
- SSD Sata
- M.2 PCIe AHCI
- M.2 PCIe NVMe
I will be installing Win7 and maybe Win10 as clean installs. Will I have trouble installing any of these drives with Win7 or Win10, in concert with BIBM and CSM enabled?
Any advice is very much appreciated.