Apple Bootcamp and IFW
Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:13 pm
The last time I asked this question, all I received was anecdotal
evidence, so since there seems to be quite a few new members, I am
repeating it:
I have BootCamp installed on my MacBook Pro in order to run Windows 7 in
separate partition. I create full hard drive images using IFW, but never
had the nerve to test it by running an IFL restore operation.
There appears to be a fair number of users of BootCamp who have lost the
use of the Windows partition when they updated the Mac OS, and even
though I need the update, I am not willing to chance it, without some
assurances that somewhere, someone [with same configuration] has
actually done a successful full drive restore using IFL.
Apple Tech support will not commit to any solutions or fixes if the
update causes issues with BootCamp (whom I have contacted by phone) -
essentially saying that you are on your own with BootCamp.
thanks for any inputs on this subject.
AlanD
evidence, so since there seems to be quite a few new members, I am
repeating it:
I have BootCamp installed on my MacBook Pro in order to run Windows 7 in
separate partition. I create full hard drive images using IFW, but never
had the nerve to test it by running an IFL restore operation.
There appears to be a fair number of users of BootCamp who have lost the
use of the Windows partition when they updated the Mac OS, and even
though I need the update, I am not willing to chance it, without some
assurances that somewhere, someone [with same configuration] has
actually done a successful full drive restore using IFL.
Apple Tech support will not commit to any solutions or fixes if the
update causes issues with BootCamp (whom I have contacted by phone) -
essentially saying that you are on your own with BootCamp.
thanks for any inputs on this subject.
AlanD