IFL_midnight commander
Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:53 pm
just curious if anyone else has had this problem, or if they know of a workaround ...
using midnight commander, first I let IFL finish, then close IFL to release any partitions that it mounted. Then I mount the target partition which is sda5 (1st sata HDD, 1st logical partition in extended partition, formatted as NTFS), then I migrate left panel to root\tbu\mnt1 (from memory, so sorry if it's different) ... then migrate to target folder
sometimes MC doesn't show the most recent backup file xx.tbi. I can't find a refresh button. I'm pretty sure I had closed ILF to release the device.
Also sometimes, it seems IFL finishes, but doesn't leave a file in the target directory, or its parent directory, which it did once? I'm using v1.74.
Suggestion ... It would be nice if a user like me had the ability to see assigned NTFS volume names ... I depend on those. The Windows CDE-file convention is total annoyance. If deprecating volume names, then std GParted schema where primary parts are 1234, and first logical partition inside an extended partition starts at 5.
using midnight commander, first I let IFL finish, then close IFL to release any partitions that it mounted. Then I mount the target partition which is sda5 (1st sata HDD, 1st logical partition in extended partition, formatted as NTFS), then I migrate left panel to root\tbu\mnt1 (from memory, so sorry if it's different) ... then migrate to target folder
sometimes MC doesn't show the most recent backup file xx.tbi. I can't find a refresh button. I'm pretty sure I had closed ILF to release the device.
Also sometimes, it seems IFL finishes, but doesn't leave a file in the target directory, or its parent directory, which it did once? I'm using v1.74.
Suggestion ... It would be nice if a user like me had the ability to see assigned NTFS volume names ... I depend on those. The Windows CDE-file convention is total annoyance. If deprecating volume names, then std GParted schema where primary parts are 1234, and first logical partition inside an extended partition starts at 5.