Page 1 of 1

IFL changed partition type on restore

Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:42 pm
by PsychBiller
i have a new Windows Server 2012 R2 system. I did a full image of the installed hard drive using IFL booted from a flash drive. The original hard drive had three partitions: (1) EFI System, (2) GPT Entry, and (3) HPFS/NTFS.

I then cloned the drive to a new SSD by restoring the entire image, again booting IFL from a flash drive.

The resulting partitions are different. #2 now says it is Linux Native. What did I do wrong, and can I fix it? The original drive is still available.

Thank you. I love Image, but my usage of it is generally pretty basic.

Re: IFL changed partition type on restore

Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:32 am
by TeraByte Support
did you check the box next to the drive itself and not just all 3
partitions? There is a difference, what does it show the partitioning type
to be? If it is now MBR or EMBR, then use the change disk type to change it
to GPT.

You can use "partinfo" as well to list both drives (partinfo > partinfo.txt)
or from windows use partinfg (on free downloads).


"PsychBiller" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

i have a new Windows Server 2012 R2 system. I did a full image of the
installed hard drive using IFL booted from a flash drive. The original hard
drive had three partitions: (1) EFI System, (2) GPT Entry, and (3)
HPFS/NTFS.

I then cloned the drive to a new SSD by restoring the entire image, again
booting IFL from a flash drive.

The resulting partitions are different. #2 now says it is Linux Native. What
did I do wrong, and can I fix it? The original drive is still available.

Thank you. I love Image, but my usage of it is generally pretty basic.