Problem with IFL v2.97 GUI 'Simple' Bootdisk
Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:47 pm
Hi,
I noticed that with Image for Linux there were new options when creating a bootdisk. I chose the 'Simple' option, burned a disk and then went to try it out. What I found was something of mess there is no way to backup an HDD partition (as I would normally want to do). Instead there was a 'start screen' with the following options (only):
"Please choose which operation you would like to perform at this time:
* Backup this computer to an alternate drive.
* Restore a backup to this computer.
* Validate a previous backup to check its integrity.
* Copy a hard drive to another hard drive."
I thought that to backup a partition I would choose the first option, "Backup this computer to an alternate drive."
I tried that but on selecting the hard drive offered (there is only one on the computer) I got the following error message:
"ERROR
No usable HD found!
Press enter and try again in a few seconds."
Needless to say I got no further with trying to backup my boot partition.
I also tried the fourth option, "Copy a hard drive to another hard drive." But only got the same error message for trying that.
Seems that maybe the selections for this 'Simple' bootdisk aren't working at all. Someone at Terabyte needs to have a look at this.
I also tried making a v2.97 'Traditional (default)' bootdisk and that worked as per normal with no problems. Don't think I'll be trying the 'Simple' boot again in the near future.
P.S. Though I use Image for Linux I do have a Windows 7 computer - I just prefer the Image for Linux GUI bootdisk because it is more reliable by way of the user interface than the Image for DOS GUI bootdisk.
I noticed that with Image for Linux there were new options when creating a bootdisk. I chose the 'Simple' option, burned a disk and then went to try it out. What I found was something of mess there is no way to backup an HDD partition (as I would normally want to do). Instead there was a 'start screen' with the following options (only):
"Please choose which operation you would like to perform at this time:
* Backup this computer to an alternate drive.
* Restore a backup to this computer.
* Validate a previous backup to check its integrity.
* Copy a hard drive to another hard drive."
I thought that to backup a partition I would choose the first option, "Backup this computer to an alternate drive."
I tried that but on selecting the hard drive offered (there is only one on the computer) I got the following error message:
"ERROR
No usable HD found!
Press enter and try again in a few seconds."
Needless to say I got no further with trying to backup my boot partition.
I also tried the fourth option, "Copy a hard drive to another hard drive." But only got the same error message for trying that.
Seems that maybe the selections for this 'Simple' bootdisk aren't working at all. Someone at Terabyte needs to have a look at this.
I also tried making a v2.97 'Traditional (default)' bootdisk and that worked as per normal with no problems. Don't think I'll be trying the 'Simple' boot again in the near future.
P.S. Though I use Image for Linux I do have a Windows 7 computer - I just prefer the Image for Linux GUI bootdisk because it is more reliable by way of the user interface than the Image for DOS GUI bootdisk.