Finding bad sector to file mapping
Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:10 pm
Hi, I use IFW and IFL quite a bit. One common use is to image or clone a failing drive. If we are cloning and want to have a stable system after, it is sometimes good to know what files were affected by the bad sectors. TO that end I found this thread: http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/ucf/vi ... f=4&t=1278
Is the tool findlbaf or something similar available on the Image For Linux disk? I know I can turn the log level up to 10 and capture a log with the LBA addresses that were affected with both IFL and IFW, however a large part of my use case involves booting the PC with the failed drive into IFL since I have a limited number of Windows machines with IFW. Having use of this tool or similar inside of IFL would be amazing if possible.
Anyone know of a way to do this?
Thanks
Is the tool findlbaf or something similar available on the Image For Linux disk? I know I can turn the log level up to 10 and capture a log with the LBA addresses that were affected with both IFL and IFW, however a large part of my use case involves booting the PC with the failed drive into IFL since I have a limited number of Windows machines with IFW. Having use of this tool or similar inside of IFL would be amazing if possible.
Anyone know of a way to do this?
Thanks