Page 1 of 1

SWitching operating systems between 2 drives

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:08 pm
by JoRene41
I have 2 operating systems installed, win 7 (drive 1) and the preview for Win 10 (drive 0). I would like to switch the drives they are on, so that when I update my windows 7 to win 10, it will be on drive 0 or the first drive. Can I do this by just using my image to restore win 7 to drive 0 and win 10 to drive 1? OR would this mess up some important settings? Is there an easier way to accomplish this? (And does Image for Windows work on Windows 10?)

Thank you

Re: SWitching operating systems between 2 drives

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:50 pm
by TeraByte Support
depends on how are you booting each copy right now?

If you were going to do it that way, you'd want to use the option to change disk sig and guids on restore of each and use the update boot partition option if it shows up.

"JoRene41" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

I have 2 operating systems installed, win 7 (drive 1) and the preview for
Win 10 (drive 0). I would like to switch the drives they are on, so that
when I update my windows 7 to win 10, it will be on drive 0 or the first
drive. Can I do this by just using my image to restore win 7 to drive 0 and
win 10 to drive 1? OR would this mess up some important settings? Is there
an easier way to accomplish this? (And does Image for Windows work on
Windows 10?)

Thank you

Re: SWitching operating systems between 2 drives

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:57 pm
by JoRene41
What if I just switched drives? Could I put drive 1 in the place of drive 0 (physically) and still be able to boot or would that disrupt my entire system. I would like Windows 10 to be on the first drive and also the largest drive, which is now drive 1.

Re: SWitching operating systems between 2 drives

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:10 pm
by TeraByte Support
depends on how you're booting now.

"JoRene41" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

What if I just switched drives? Could I put drive 1 in the place of drive
0 (physically) and still be able to boot or would that disrupt my entire
system. I would like Windows 10 to be on the first drive and also the
largest drive, which is now drive 1.


Re: SWitching operating systems between 2 drives

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:34 pm
by Brian K
JoRene,

Are you using BIBM to boot each OS?

Yes, IFW works fine on Win10.