Suggestion for IFW download webpage
Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:18 pm
One thing that is really confusing for anyone who wants to download IFW for the first time is having the choices between (GUI) or (CUI).
First there is no explanation for what the acronyms (GUI) or (CUI) stand for and what each does.
May I suggest that only download of the GUI version be displayed with an "Options" link below it. If the person clicks on "Options", then present both versions with an explanation of what GUI and CUI mean and how CUI is used. Just give new users one download option so they don't have to wonder which version to download. Most will want the GUI version anyway since they are used to Windows and not a character interface.
I know that it was VERY confusing to me when I was deciding whether to try IFW years ago. I dug into it and found out what GUI and CUI mean before I downloaded IFW. I think most people won't take the time to do that and will just give up and leave the webpage, and not download the free trial version of IFW.
$.02,
Skyglider
First there is no explanation for what the acronyms (GUI) or (CUI) stand for and what each does.
May I suggest that only download of the GUI version be displayed with an "Options" link below it. If the person clicks on "Options", then present both versions with an explanation of what GUI and CUI mean and how CUI is used. Just give new users one download option so they don't have to wonder which version to download. Most will want the GUI version anyway since they are used to Windows and not a character interface.
I know that it was VERY confusing to me when I was deciding whether to try IFW years ago. I dug into it and found out what GUI and CUI mean before I downloaded IFW. I think most people won't take the time to do that and will just give up and leave the webpage, and not download the free trial version of IFW.
$.02,
Skyglider