IFW and HP Gen8 Microserver
Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:30 pm
I have a HP Gen8 Microserver I am just testing out.
At the moment I have a Samsung 120gb SSD booting from the secondary sata port on the motherboard, and two Seagate 1tb hard drives fitted to two of four main drive bays.
All drives are configured as Raid 0 using the built in HP B120i controller.
I have Windows 8.1 64 bit installed on the SSD as the operating system
IFW installs fine and works fine under Windows 8.1, recognises the three individual drives and creates images as expected.
However if I create a winpe rescue usb flash drive it does not work. The rescue flash drive boots fine and IFW loads but it does not see any of the three drives installed in the server.
The strange thing is that if I create a IFL flash drive it does see the drives and functions as normal backing up and restoring perfectly.
I seem to remember reading somewhere that the HP drivers were closed source and therefore could not be used by winpe.
Does anyone know of a way to get the IFW rescue disk to function correctly as the IFL one does.
At the moment I have a Samsung 120gb SSD booting from the secondary sata port on the motherboard, and two Seagate 1tb hard drives fitted to two of four main drive bays.
All drives are configured as Raid 0 using the built in HP B120i controller.
I have Windows 8.1 64 bit installed on the SSD as the operating system
IFW installs fine and works fine under Windows 8.1, recognises the three individual drives and creates images as expected.
However if I create a winpe rescue usb flash drive it does not work. The rescue flash drive boots fine and IFW loads but it does not see any of the three drives installed in the server.
The strange thing is that if I create a IFL flash drive it does see the drives and functions as normal backing up and restoring perfectly.
I seem to remember reading somewhere that the HP drivers were closed source and therefore could not be used by winpe.
Does anyone know of a way to get the IFW rescue disk to function correctly as the IFL one does.