Page 1 of 1
Fast Startup?
Posted: Sat May 23, 2015 6:27 am
by tbifan39
I read the note about disabling Fast Startup on Windows 8 systems to prevent corruption. The note is 3 years old. I had forgot all about this problem. Is this still a problem? Also, does this apply to Windows 8.1? I still have Fast Startup enabled and have not experience any problems, I always use the shutdown option before backup/restore. I then boot IFL to perform the backup or restore.
Re: Fast Startup?
Posted: Sat May 23, 2015 4:18 pm
by TeraByte Support
yes, and includes windows 10.
"tbifan39" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
I read the note about disabling Fast Startup on Windows 8 systems to prevent
corruption. The note is 3 years old. I had forgot all about this problem. Is
this still a problem? Also, does this apply to Windows 8.1? I still have
Fast Startup enabled and have not experience any problems, I always use the
shutdown option before backup/restore. I then boot IFL to perform the backup
or restore.
Re: Fast Startup?
Posted: Sat May 23, 2015 5:00 pm
by tbifan39
Does using the Shutdows method (Shutdown button) also prevent corruption? I always Shutdown the system and reboot with IFL to perform backup/restore. Will this prevent corruption or do I still need to disable Fast Startup?
Re: Fast Startup?
Posted: Sat May 23, 2015 10:20 pm
by TeraByte Support
Hello,
No, reboot is better. But better to get rid of fast startup, it shouldn't
even exist. If people want to hibernate they should hibernate, if they want
to shutdown, they should shutdown.
"tbifan39" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
Does using the Shutdows method (Shutdown button) also prevent corruption? I
always Shutdown the system and reboot with IFL to perform backup/restore.
Will this prevent corruption or do I still need to disable Fast Startup?
Re: Fast Startup?
Posted: Mon May 25, 2015 8:45 pm
by DrTeeth
On Sat, 23 May 2015 15:20:21 PDT, just as I was about to take a herb,
"TeraByte Support" disturbed my
reverie and wrote:
>But better to get rid of fast startup, it shouldn't
>even exist.
PLUS it does not seem to speedup the startup anyway, so nothing lost.
--
Cheers,
DrT
** You've never known happiness until you're married;
** but by then it is too late.