Page 1 of 1

Bad substitution

Posted: Sun May 10, 2015 12:50 am
by badams_ios
I'm trying to run setup for linux. I run: sudo sh setup

It decompresses, I enter my license key and get:

STEP 5: Creating non-network version from network version. Please wait...
setup: 426: setup: let: not found
setup: 526: setup: Bad substitution

First I want the network version. Then of course I need help with the errors.

Linux mint 17.1

Re: Bad substitution

Posted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:32 am
by TeraByte Support(TP)
badams_ios wrote:
> I'm trying to run setup for linux. I run: sudo sh setup
>
> It decompresses, I enter my license key and get:
>
> STEP 5: Creating non-network version from network version. Please wait...
> setup: 426: setup: let: not found
> setup: 526: setup: Bad substitution
>
> First I want the network version. Then of course I need help with the
> errors.
>
> Linux mint 17.1

The steps to run setup after extracting the IFL zip file:
1. Open a terminal window and change to the extracted IFL directory
2. Run this command: sudo ./setup (don't use 'sh')

Then to create boot media, run the command 'sudo ./iflbuild'. That is a menu driven script to create different types of boot media.

The message about "creating non-network version" just means that the setup script is creating the non-network version FROM the full network version, so that both will be available to create boot media from (keeps the zip file smaller)

[SOVED] Re: Bad substitution

Posted: Thu May 14, 2015 12:38 am
by badams_ios
That did the trick, thanks.