REQ: IFL Makedisk.exe - support BIBM licence info in .ini

User discussion and information resource forum for Image products.
Mrx

REQ: IFL Makedisk.exe - support BIBM licence info in .ini

Post by Mrx »

When creating an IFL boot disk, you have to manually enter the BIBM licence info in makedisk.exe. Please can you support reading it from a .ini file (eg. either a new section in the ifl.ini or (probably better IMO) from bibm.ini). This way I can just copy the relevant .ini file(s) to the new IFL extracted folder when a new IFL is released.

Also, why is it not possible to specify Reboot or Shutdown in the ifl.ini file, for Backup/Restore/Copy ? It only has command-line options. Please can you support these settings in ifl.ini.
Mrx

Re: REQ: IFL Makedisk.exe - support BIBM licence info in .in

Post by Mrx »

One other thing - is is necessary to add BIBM option GlobalGeoAlign2K=1 if it's already included in ifl.ini ?
Mrx

Post by Mrx »

I've just installed IFL onto its own partition, by following the steps [url=http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/ucf/vi ... 1020#p1020]here[/url].

When I first boot into it, I get asked for IFL licence info and on starting Partition Work I get asked for BIBM licence info.

As mentioned in previous post, it would be preferable if this information could be picked up from ifl.ini/bibm.ini.
TeraByte Support(TP)

Post by TeraByte Support(TP) »

Mrx wrote:
> I've just installed IFL onto its own partition, by following the steps
> [url=http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/ucf/vi ... 1020#p1020]here[/url].
>
> When I first boot into it, I get asked for IFL licence info and on starting
> Partition Work I get asked for BIBM licence info.
>
> As mentioned in previous post, it would be preferable if this information
> could be picked up from ifl.ini/bibm.ini.

That should have worked, provided you are using IFL 2.89 or later.

If not, then double check that the license info was entered correctly when you created the custom UFD in MakeDisk. In other words, if the UFD created from MakeDisk boots and runs without prompting you for license info, then installing it to a hard drive partition with makeHDD will also work - provided it's IFL 2.89 or later.
Mrx

Post by Mrx »

I'm using IFL 2.95 and created a bootable DVD-RW. After booting the DVD I get asked for IFL licence, but not BIBM licence.

When using makedisk, I can enter IFL licence if I don't choose Custom on first screen, but don't get prompted for BIBM licence. IF I choose custom, I can enter BIBM licence on last page, but don't get prompted for IFL licence.

How can I create boot disk and provide both IFL and BIBM licence ?

As mentioned, Ideally I want to put this info in an .ini file, which makedisk will pick up automatically.
Brian K

Post by Brian K »

I think you will agree there is a problem with your ifl.ini. Try this...

run Makedisk
Custom settings
Don't put a tick in "ifl.ini file from local directory"
etc
Mrx

Post by Mrx »

Can I ask what should be in ifl.ini to licence both IFL and BIBM ?
Mrx

Post by Mrx »

Just realised that I included my name in the [License] section, but my IFL licence doesn't have a name. Let me check without a name and I'll post back here.
TeraByte Support(TP)

Post by TeraByte Support(TP) »

Mrx wrote:
> Just realised that I included my name in the [License] section, but my IFL
> licence doesn't have a name. Let me check without a name and I'll post back
> here.

If you ticked the ifl.ini box, but the ifl.ini file did not include the IFL license info (or incorrect IFL license info), that would cause what you're seeing.It doesn't prompt for the IFL license info if you tick the ifl.ini box. The ifl.ini file needs to have the license section like below (no name for IFL):

[License]
ProductKey=xxxx-yyyy-zzzz

I just double checked here with both a UFD and a DVD, and that makeHDD procedure works Ok. The files get transferred correctly.
Mrx

Post by Mrx »

Mrx wrote:
> One other thing - is is necessary to add BIBM option GlobalGeoAlign2K=1 if
> it's already included in ifl.ini ?

To answer my own question - Yes it is necessary.

Re. licencing issue...

After removing user name, I no longer get prompted for IFL or BIBM licence when booting from DVD, but I get prompted for both when booting from HDD.

I've found the solution though - I had to add the /doini switch to the makeHDD command. Adding /doini, I noticed it copied ifl.ini and bootitbm.ini as part of the setup. Without /doini, I was prompted for ilcence for IFL and BIBM.

Few questions:

1) What is happening when I see the line during boot sequence of IFL "Processing iflbflag=2 Attempt 1" and why does it take 5 attempts ?
2) How can I make it skip the video resolution prompt, and auto pick option 1 (ie. best available) without a delay ?
3) Is it possible to speed up the boot process any more ?

Also, to summarise my suggestions:

1) can you make it so that makedisk.exe picks up BIBM licence info from bibm.ini
2) can you allow Reboot=1 and Shutdown=1 to be used in ifl.ini (in each of the relevant sections (ie. Backup, Restore, Copy))