Page 1 of 1

Integrity checking when restoring

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:17 am
by crawfish
When restoring IFW/IFL images, does the software verify that the source image hasn't undergone any changes (bit rot, tampering, etc) using something like an internal hash of the contained data? To be clear, I'm not asking if it verifies the restored data against the source image, just if the source image itself is validated.

Re: Integrity checking when restoring

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:37 am
by TeraByte Support
yes, of course.

"crawfish" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

When restoring IFW/IFL images, does the software verify that the source
image hasn't undergone any changes (bit rot, tampering, etc) using something
like an internal hash of the contained data? To be clear, I'm not asking if
it verifies the restored data against the source image, just if the source
image itself is validated.


Re: Integrity checking when restoring

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:09 am
by crawfish
TeraByte Support wrote:
> yes, of course.

Thanks. I figured as much.