Page 1 of 1

Email failures

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:50 pm
by jamos
I have had some problems with my backups lately (due to limited disk space, mostly solved), but in the process I decided to set up notification emails with IFW. So far they are not working. Here is my full command line:

/b /uy /um /priority:4 /purge:3 /d:w0@0x3 /f:"E:\Optimus C\Full ($~DOW$)" /v /logfile:"E:\Log.txt" /email:"animalhealthassociates.org*[email protected]*[email protected]**25*[email protected]*password"

My password contains a question mark, I don't know if that is relevant or not. My server does not require SSL, these parameters work on other programs I have.

Upon running this I receive the following log message:

[ 4/01/2015 10:37:17 am] Operation Completed with Error Code 1
[ 4/01/2015 10:37:17 am] Stop
[ 4/01/2015 10:37:17 am] Email send failure 97 - Socket Error 0x0

I am running IFW x64, v 2.77. Any thoughts on where the trolley is leaving the tracks?

Re: Email failures

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:39 am
by TeraByte Support
Error in response. What security are using you using on the server? If
you can test:

telnet domain.org 25

then enter in
EHLO xx

what does it say?

If fails, you can try:
HELO

what does it say?

To quit:

QUIT



"jamos" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

I have had some problems with my backups lately (due to limited disk space,
mostly solved), but in the process I decided to set up notification emails
with IFW. So far they are not working. Here is my full command line:

/b /uy /um /priority:4 /purge:3 /d:w0@0x3 /f:"E:\Optimus C\Full

My password contains a question mark, I don't know if that is relevant or
not. My server does not require SSL, these parameters work on other programs
I have.

Upon running this I receive the following log message:

[ 4/01/2015 10:37:17 am] Operation Completed with Error Code 1
[ 4/01/2015 10:37:17 am] Stop
[ 4/01/2015 10:37:17 am] Email send failure 97 - Socket Error 0x0

I am running IFW x64, v 2.77. Any thoughts on where the trolley is leaving
the tracks?