maybe a power cycle helped ?
chkdsk /f is okay with limit primaries disabled or enabled.
"RFSndrs" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
I don't know what went on. I read Mary's note and made a bootdisk with IFD
and tried that but that gave me the same error message.
Later, after church, I read TB Support's input and before I made an IFL
disk, I tried chkdsk /f. (I could boot into safe mode so I did it thru the
Win7 OS in safe mode.) Chkdsk went through its iterations and showed no
changes that I could read fast enough, but Win7 then booted normally. I
thought...hmmmm...but I still have the problem of not being able to restore
my image. I then tried to install the win7 image in an unused part of my
primary drive and it went along normally. My image is on a secondary 2TB HD
and my primary HD is a Samsung 840EVO 1TB drive. MY primary only has several
OS's with 500 GB of unused room and that is where I installed the image of
Win7.
Everything now seems to be working normally. Can a chkdsk error on my
primary SSD cause it not to read my secondary drive? Or...did it fix
whatever was wrong with my SSD to allow it to install? BTW, I have more
than 4 primaries checked, would chkdsk mess this up?
I don't need a detailed explanation as it is working now.
Bob S