Page 1 of 1

How to restore old backup?

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:45 pm
by bob66412
I have an old backup from 2012 that consists of files .001 through .007, a .IMG, and a .IDX file. TBIView V4.36.0 properly opens and displays the backup. But when booting with an IFL 2.93 boot CD the backup is not recognized. How can I restore this backup? Thanks.

Re: How to restore old backup?

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:32 pm
by Bob Coleman
If the backup contains an IMG file, it was made with a version 1 product. I suspect, but don't know for sure, that current (Version 2) products may not be able to process Version 1 backups. You may have to get either BING or version 1 of either IFL, IFD, or IFW.

I suspect, but don't know, that the IDX file was created by TBIView.

Re: How to restore old backup?

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:46 am
by EdBrady
Check the registered user download area... you should be able to download IFL v1.

Re: How to restore old backup?

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:15 am
by bob66412
Thanks for the replies. Been so long since I used 1.x that I forgot about the differences. 1.99 worked.