Page 1 of 1

TBIMount Dialog and Sudirectoires time/date

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:15 pm
by bob66412
I have a IFL 2.93 backup of a PC C: disk. I need to copy some of the “\Users\Owner” subdirectoires (documents, pictures, etc.) and restore them to a rebuilt PC system.

If I access the files via TBIMount and try to navigate to the mounted “y:\users\Owner\” I get the message “You don’t currently have permission to access this folder”. When I “Click Continue to permanently get access …” I once again get the same dialog, and the only option is “Close”. Why?

I can (sort of) get around this by copying “y:\users\Owner\” to another location. Individual files are copied and retain their original time/date stamps. But copied subdirectories all have todays time/date stamp, as if IFL never saved the original subdirectory time/date stamps. How can I copy subdirectories from an IFL backup and retain the original subdirectory time/date stamps?

Thanks

Re: TBIMount Dialog and Sudirectoires time/date

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:13 pm
by TeraByte Support
Everything is saved, just when you copy out individual files, the copy
doesn't set the folders file date/time. TBIMount is providing the partition
to Windows read-only so Windows permissions apply. TBIView can be used to
access files outside of Windows permissions.

"bob66412" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

I have a IFL 2.93 backup of a PC C: disk. I need to copy some of the
"\Users\Owner" subdirectoires (documents, pictures, etc.) and restore them
to a rebuilt PC system.

If I access the files via TBIMount and try to navigate to the mounted
"y:\users\Owner\" I get the message "You don't currently have permission to
access this folder". When I "Click Continue to permanently get access ?" I
once again get the same dialog, and the only option is "Close". Why?

I can (sort of) get around this by copying "y:\users\Owner\" to another
location. Individual files are copied and retain their original time/date
stamps. But copied subdirectories all have todays time/date stamp, as if
IFL never saved the original subdirectory time/date stamps. How can I copy
subdirectories from an IFL backup and retain the original subdirectory
time/date stamps?

Thanks


Re: TBIMount Dialog and Sudirectoires time/date

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:28 pm
by bob66412
Thanks for your reply.

I restored the IFL partition backup to an external disk drive and then used FreeFileSync to copy all the Pictures files and folders. FreeFileSync properly applied the original date/time stamps to all the copied files and folders. Seems like a lot of trouble for something that should have worked without the partition restore.