I used a 2 year old image to restore my Acer using a current IFL boot
disk. It worked.
Mary
On 4/18/2015 2:15 PM, TeraByte Support wrote:
> I think you're thinking backwards. The only people who need backup
> compatible are those wanting to use an old version to restore. You can use
> the latest version to restore any of the prior version .TBI backups. If
> you have an old V1.x version that is an .IMG file, you have to use a V1
> product that uses .IMG files. V2 uses .TBI files. V1 is still available
> via https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/product-download.php
>
>
> "TraumaDoc" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
>
> In my experience looking online and talking to people I know, this sort of
> failure is often related to using pirated versions of the program. Also,
> Terabyte has made a huge mistake by not allowing backwards compatibility in
> all options - it should always be there. It is a backup and many are old.
> It is ridiculous to think you upgrade your program version but then have to
> make a new backup. You should, in my opinion, always choose backward
> comparability when making backup images. I've had the same problem and had
> to find old versions of the program to use an old version backup - it
> defeats the purpose and in my opinion is poor business practice.
>
>