Can't clone replacement SSD
Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:45 am
Hi
I've used Ifl for ages, like it and found it totally reliable.
I've just swapped my HD for an SSD and the PC boots and works fine.
However, when I try and boot using the Ifl live CD it says there is no hard drive !
On a normal boot, the setup shows SATA - 0 as PO: Kingston SV300xxxxxxxx
SATA - 1 as DVD-ROM
When using the IFL disc, initially it report, Alert ! Hard disc not found
then after entering setup SATA - 0 says none
SATA - 1 is DVD-ROM
In both cases SATA mode is reported as AHCI
I've now tried Clonezilla and that has apparently worked with no issues - though the image directory looks suspiciously small - but I much prefer the simple Ifl GUI and would like to know why, when the PC boots just fine, Ifl is having this issue.
TIA
Sussexlad
I've used Ifl for ages, like it and found it totally reliable.
I've just swapped my HD for an SSD and the PC boots and works fine.
However, when I try and boot using the Ifl live CD it says there is no hard drive !
On a normal boot, the setup shows SATA - 0 as PO: Kingston SV300xxxxxxxx
SATA - 1 as DVD-ROM
When using the IFL disc, initially it report, Alert ! Hard disc not found
then after entering setup SATA - 0 says none
SATA - 1 is DVD-ROM
In both cases SATA mode is reported as AHCI
I've now tried Clonezilla and that has apparently worked with no issues - though the image directory looks suspiciously small - but I much prefer the simple Ifl GUI and would like to know why, when the PC boots just fine, Ifl is having this issue.
TIA
Sussexlad