Is 3TB Data Target witn WinPE Boot possible
Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:47 am
I currently use a 1.5 TB drive formatted NTFS in an external USB case for my images.
On that external drive, I have created a small (500 MB) WinPE boot partition, currently running IFW 2.92 so I can boot directly into IFW.
If I change my target drive to a 3 or 4 TB device, can I even DO a similar thing?
I understand there are limitations @ 2 TB for Windows using NTFS.
I'm not yet familiar with GPT and it's uses/limitations because I have not wanted to use drives over 2 TB . . . . until now.
If this has been answered before, could someone point me to the post?
On that external drive, I have created a small (500 MB) WinPE boot partition, currently running IFW 2.92 so I can boot directly into IFW.
If I change my target drive to a 3 or 4 TB device, can I even DO a similar thing?
I understand there are limitations @ 2 TB for Windows using NTFS.
I'm not yet familiar with GPT and it's uses/limitations because I have not wanted to use drives over 2 TB . . . . until now.
If this has been answered before, could someone point me to the post?