Page 1 of 2

TBWinRE....Keyboard

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:38 pm
by paul_6
Hi,
I am afraid I am the only one working with an 'AZERTY' keyboard... And I think that Terabyte forgets me (though I am a registered owner of all its products..).
So, how can I get an Azerty keyboard with WTBWinRE?
Same question for BootitBm...(Kbmap (from BootitNG) is impossible to understand...)
Thanks, P.

Re: TBWinRE....Keyboard

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:22 pm
by TAC109
On Thu, 5 Mar 2015 11:38:03 PST, paul_6 wrote:

>Hi,
>I am afraid I am the only one working with an 'AZERTY' keyboard... And I think that Terabyte forgets me (though I am a registered owner of all its products..).
>So, how can I get an Azerty keyboard with WTBWinRE?
>Same question for BootitBm...(Kbmap (from BootitNG) is impossible to understand...)
>Thanks, P.
>
With TBWinRE, you can specify the input locale in the TBWinRE.cmd
file.

Using TBWinPE (as distinct from RE) you can specify both the language
pack and input locale in the TBWinPE.cmd file.

See 'Appendix 3 - Advanced Options' in the TBWinPE/RE documentation.

Re: TBWinRE....Keyboard

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:12 pm
by paul_6
Thanks, very easy, as always....(humour inside) And where do I find the 'input locale' for French/Belgium ?! Is it something like Fr-Be ???

Re: TBWinRE....Keyboard

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:59 pm
by TAC109
On Thu, 5 Mar 2015 14:12:16 PST, paul_6 wrote:

>Thanks, very easy, as always....(humour inside) And where do I find the 'input locale' for French/Belgium ?! Is it something like Fr-Be ???
>
As I'm just a satisfied user, I suggest that you experiment with some
suitable settings, or wait for someone from Terabyte to answer.

Good luck!

Re: TBWinRE....Keyboard

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:29 am
by TeraByte Support
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd799301%28v=ws.10%29.aspx


"paul_6" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Thanks, very easy, as always....(humour inside) And where do I find the
'input locale' for French/Belgium ?! Is it something like Fr-Be ???


Re: TBWinRE....Keyboard

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:24 am
by paul_6
thanks, I'll wait. When I had IFW 1.20 and Bing 1.xx I was satisfied (except the Qwerty keyboard in Bing). But now, it is different..as you have written: experiments are necessary...

TAC109 wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Mar 2015 14:12:16 PST, paul_6 wrote:
>
> >Thanks, very easy, as always....(humour inside) And where do I find the
> 'input locale' for French/Belgium ?! Is it something like Fr-Be ???
> >
> As I'm just a satisfied user, I suggest that you experiment with some
> suitable settings, or wait for someone from Terabyte to answer.
>
> Good luck!

Re: TBWinRE....Keyboard

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:28 am
by paul_6
Thanks. I just see:fr-FR, quite enough for me.
But where did you find the setting you give, i.e. : fr-CH ??

TeraByte Support wrote:
> https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/lib ... 10%29.aspx
>
> "paul_6" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
> Thanks, very easy, as always....(humour inside) And where do I find the
> 'input locale' for French/Belgium ?! Is it something like Fr-Be ???

Re: TBWinRE....Keyboard

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:07 pm
by TeraByte Support(PP)
This link has a listing:
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/lib ... 25682.aspx

fr-BE would be French - Belgium.

Re: TBWinRE....Keyboard

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:31 pm
by paul_6
Yes, you found it. [by the way try to type on an Azerty keyboard, you'll see how difficult it is! For the letters, it's ~OK. But for the special characters ( - / : _ \ , ) which are common when working at a 'low' level (IFD/L, BootitBM) with disks/directories etc.. it is a real nightmare!]

Re: TBWinRE....Keyboard

Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:58 am
by TeraByte Support
there is a keyboard mapper available via ftp, but you have to patch the scan
codes in ... do you happen to have the scancode list for awerty ?

"paul_6" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Yes, you found it. [by the way try to type on an Azerty keyboard, you'll see
how difficult it is! For the letters, it's ~OK. But for the special
characters ( - / : _ \ , ) which are common when working at a 'low'
level (IFD/L, BootitBM) with disks/directories etc.. it is a real
nightmare!]