Page 1 of 1

512 and 4096 disk sector size

Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:16 pm
by skipro
Tried to copy partition on HD0 to HD1 [USB] using IFW. I get message saying I have to use 512 sector size. In "information", HD0 shows 512 disk sector size, HD1 shows 4096 disk sector size. This is not allocation size.
What can I do? I do not think you can change disk sector size. HD0 is in a Thinkpad T420, HD1 is from a T430.

Re: 512 and 4096 disk sector size

Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:35 am
by TeraByte Support
try esata or attaching to the internal sata or using a different USB device.
double check if the drive has a jumper to set the logical sector size.

"skipro" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Tried to copy partition on HD0 to HD1 [USB] using IFW. I get message saying
I have to use 512 sector size. In "information", HD0 shows 512 disk sector
size, HD1 shows 4096 disk sector size. This is not allocation size.
What can I do? I do not think you can change disk sector size. HD0 is in a
Thinkpad T420, HD1 is from a T430.