Page 1 of 1

Access hard drives authority

Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:39 pm
by Data007
Hello All,

I'm having an issue with running IFW. I installed IFW GUI from an account with admin access on a domain controller with WIN 2012 R2 X64. I right clicked the setup file and selected run as admin. After installation and reboot, i open the desktop icon "Image for Windows (x64)", i right click it and select run as admin. After the 20sec trial screen disappears, i receive an error :

"It appears that you do no have the proper authority to access the hared dives" I have attached a screen shot of the error.

Any help would be appreciated.

Specs:
PowerEdge T300
WIN 2012 R2 X64
Raid 1
Dell Raid Card SAS6

Thanks
Mo

Re: Access hard drives authority

Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:27 am
by TeraByte Support
means it didn't find a drive 0 - you can ignore it.

"Data007" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Hello All,

I'm having an issue with running IFW. I installed IFW GUI from an account
with admin access on a domain controller with WIN 2012 R2 X64. I right
clicked the setup file and selected run as admin. After installation and
reboot, i open the desktop icon "Image for Windows (x64)", i right click it
and select run as admin. After the 20sec trial screen disappears, i receive
an error :

"It appears that you do no have the proper authority to access the hared
dives" I have attached a screen shot of the error.

Any help would be appreciated.

Specs:
PowerEdge T300
WIN 2012 R2 X64
Raid 1
Dell Raid Card SAS6

Thanks
Mo


Re: Access hard drives authority

Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:50 am
by Data007
So i can simply disregard this message and continue business as usual with backing up and making images safely without issues?

Re: Access hard drives authority

Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:18 am
by TeraByte Support
if the drive you needs shows up - sure - the message has a checkbox to
disable it.

"Data007" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

So i can simply disregard this message and continue business as usual with
backing up and making images safely without issues?


Re: Access hard drives authority

Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:10 am
by Data007
yes it turns out that drive 0 is the tape drive. it did show the other drives and i performed a successful image. just wish the messages can be clearer and detailed. thanks for your help.