IFD Random System Freeze
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:42 am
Unfortunately I updated the Asrock system bios, Intel system INF and Intel Management Engine drivers and latest IFD update at the same time. Since that time, I get occasional system freezes when running an IFD backup. (system freeze => no mouse, KB, reset button operation. Only power off works)
My script backs up 8 partitions. the freeze can happen randomly in any 1 of the backups, and at any position well within the backup operation. I have tried running in direct and bios access modes, both can freeze the system. All drives are ACHI Sata on Intel series 9 controller(s) and Asrock z97 Extreme6 Motherboard.
I have converted over to IFW backups, but would prefer to go back to IFD when my problem is resolved.
Any suggestions on where to start the diagnostic process? Is there any logging operation that may help localize the problem. I am assuming that the bios and IFD updates are the only updates that would affect the freeze happening in DOS. Asrock states that the bios update was for "Adjust AHCI MMIO setting"
My script backs up 8 partitions. the freeze can happen randomly in any 1 of the backups, and at any position well within the backup operation. I have tried running in direct and bios access modes, both can freeze the system. All drives are ACHI Sata on Intel series 9 controller(s) and Asrock z97 Extreme6 Motherboard.
I have converted over to IFW backups, but would prefer to go back to IFD when my problem is resolved.
Any suggestions on where to start the diagnostic process? Is there any logging operation that may help localize the problem. I am assuming that the bios and IFD updates are the only updates that would affect the freeze happening in DOS. Asrock states that the bios update was for "Adjust AHCI MMIO setting"