Page 1 of 1

Win 8.1 won't see hdd, but IFD and BBM can see it

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:24 pm
by hfletcher
Bought a Merrcury Elite Pro external hdd enclosure, because it has an Esata interface which I hope to use with IFD for backups, and avoid the problems I sometimes encounter using USB interface. I stripped an old hdd using BBM and I I think I recall also deleting partition tables boot sectors etc. I wanted to get rid of everything and re-initialize the disk. I used BBM to format the disk to NTSF - never saw anything about initializing the disk.
When I connected the external hdd to computer it wasn't detected in disk management. I then booted into IFD and it was detected there. I even did a backup, so your software likes this hdd. Why can't windows 8.1 see it?

Re: Win 8.1 won't see hdd, but IFD and BBM can see it

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:51 pm
by TeraByte Support
Could be related to this:
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/kb/article.php?id=517


"hfletcher" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Bought a Merrcury Elite Pro external hdd enclosure, because it has an Esata
interface which I hope to use with IFD for backups, and avoid the problems I
sometimes encounter using USB interface. I stripped an old hdd using BBM
and I I think I recall also deleting partition tables boot sectors etc. I
wanted to get rid of everything and re-initialize the disk. I used BBM to
format the disk to NTSF - never saw anything about initializing the disk.
When I connected the external hdd to computer it wasn't detected in disk
management. I then booted into IFD and it was detected there. I even did a
backup, so your software likes this hdd. Why can't windows 8.1 see it?