Page 1 of 1

Creating Images from a full encrypted linux system

Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:06 pm
by goddessprayer
Hello.

I have a problem with creating an (full) image with image for linux from a ssd.

When I create an image from a ssd with linux installation and NO encryption - it all works perfectly, smooth and fast and the image is small.
The same, when I only encrypt my home folder (\home) in a linux installation.
But when I make a fully encrypted system (for example with ubuntu 14.04. trusty tahr), the creating of the image takes a long - a very long
time and the image is really huge.

For example:
Making an image from a ssd with 128GB (about 28GB used from it) from a not encrypted or only home-folder-encrypted system creates
an image with some 12GB size - and this in about 10 - 12 minutes with validating on!
Making an image from the same ssd with the same system - but only now full encrypted system - creates an image with 120GB size and
takes more than 1 1/2 hours - without any validation...

Is there any hint, you can give me about this? I really want to use a full encrypted system for security purposes.

Thanks very much.

Re: Creating Images from a full encrypted linux system

Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:26 pm
by TeraByte Support(TP)
What you see is due to the encryption. Please see the response to your email to Support.