Page 1 of 1

Mounted users folder in incremental backup being updated

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:18 pm
by andrewedmondson
I've just lost some important data in my backed up Users folder.

I mounted an incremental backup that was made last week to access the lost program data. The folder was empty.

I ran the program and changed a few things just to see where the data was being stored. The mounted TBI image was changed!

Re: Mounted users folder in incremental backup being updated

Posted: Sat May 02, 2015 11:48 am
by andrewedmondson
And now it is happening again. Computer crashed, recovered to a month old backup.

All of the documents and settings are a month old when viewing the incremental backup file made a day ago.

What is going on?

Re: Mounted users folder in incremental backup being updated

Posted: Sat May 02, 2015 2:27 pm
by DrTeeth
On Sat, 2 May 2015 04:48:22 PDT, just as I was about to take a herb,
andrewedmondson disturbed my reverie and wrote:

>What is going on?

Are you sure that you are using incremental and not differential
backups? If the former, you much not delete any older incremental
backups as they all relay on each other. Sorry it you know this but it
is all I could think of as no probs here.
--
Cheers,

DrT

** You've never known happiness until you're married;
** but by then it is too late.

Re: Mounted users folder in incremental backup being updated

Posted: Sat May 02, 2015 3:00 pm
by TeraByte Support
you have to open the incremental itself - whichever file you open will be
the one that is opened (any ones after that are not opened).


"andrewedmondson" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

And now it is happening again. Computer crashed, recovered to a month old
backup.

All of the documents and settings are a month old when viewing the
incremental backup file made a day ago.

What is going on?


SOLVED Mounted users folder in incremental backup being upda

Posted: Mon May 04, 2015 11:29 am
by andrewedmondson
OK I've solved the problem.

When viewing Documents & Settings for my user name, I went to AppData instead of Application Data.

That's it!