Image file created, verified and then disappears
Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:27 pm
Hi,
I have used IFD(GUI) 100's of times the same way...but on this machine, I create an image as normal, verify it, but it only sometimes appears in the OS file system (Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium).
I am using v2.93 of IFD (GUI) on a Samsung Series 5 (530U) Laptop - (exact model NP530U3C-A06AU)
Bios is "Phoenix SecureCore Tiano Setup" ver P14AAJ (note: this is the latest release and I have UEFI boot support is disabled).
My IFD build is stock standard - no options selected.
I am booting IFD from a flash disk (Disk 0 in IFD).
The laptop has:
- an internal 20G SSD that can be enabled (via a windows util, not bios, says "powered by Diskeeper") to cache the sata disk (OS etc but also using a special hibernation partition) (Disk 1)
- a 500G main sata disk (Disk 2)
This main disk (Disk 2) hosts the following partitions:
System
Windows
Data
Data (logical)
Samsung Recovery
I am trying to perform backups of the Windows partition to the data partition (under \System\Images), which mounts as my D: in windows - this is as per my normal method.
I create the image and verify it, then even run a separate verify, but when I boot windows the image file is not there....When I restart IFD, sometimes the image is there, but reports as an invalid image (13), sometimes the file is gone from there too.
My questions are:
Could the SSD cache be affecting the image - it seems it may work when I disable it, but I've not had 100% success like this either (after I've then re-enabled the cache I had problems). I shouldn't have thought this would affect IFD...but...anybody?
I've been enabling mouse support (so I can use the internal touch pad mouse) but noting that it locks up (consistently) on the screen which allows you to select the folder where the image will be stored. (Note: if I use the mouse in any other IFD screen it's fine, if I use it on this screen it stuff up on the first (move) interrupt and shoots to top right corner...but I digress). It has seemed there may be some correlation to the mouse hang and the image file corrupting, but I'm not sure...?
Right now I'm trying a new build disabling the mouse entirely...but I thought it was time to ask if anybody has seen anything like this before?
Thanks kindly in advance...
I have used IFD(GUI) 100's of times the same way...but on this machine, I create an image as normal, verify it, but it only sometimes appears in the OS file system (Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium).
I am using v2.93 of IFD (GUI) on a Samsung Series 5 (530U) Laptop - (exact model NP530U3C-A06AU)
Bios is "Phoenix SecureCore Tiano Setup" ver P14AAJ (note: this is the latest release and I have UEFI boot support is disabled).
My IFD build is stock standard - no options selected.
I am booting IFD from a flash disk (Disk 0 in IFD).
The laptop has:
- an internal 20G SSD that can be enabled (via a windows util, not bios, says "powered by Diskeeper") to cache the sata disk (OS etc but also using a special hibernation partition) (Disk 1)
- a 500G main sata disk (Disk 2)
This main disk (Disk 2) hosts the following partitions:
System
Windows
Data
Data (logical)
Samsung Recovery
I am trying to perform backups of the Windows partition to the data partition (under \System\Images), which mounts as my D: in windows - this is as per my normal method.
I create the image and verify it, then even run a separate verify, but when I boot windows the image file is not there....When I restart IFD, sometimes the image is there, but reports as an invalid image (13), sometimes the file is gone from there too.
My questions are:
Could the SSD cache be affecting the image - it seems it may work when I disable it, but I've not had 100% success like this either (after I've then re-enabled the cache I had problems). I shouldn't have thought this would affect IFD...but...anybody?
I've been enabling mouse support (so I can use the internal touch pad mouse) but noting that it locks up (consistently) on the screen which allows you to select the folder where the image will be stored. (Note: if I use the mouse in any other IFD screen it's fine, if I use it on this screen it stuff up on the first (move) interrupt and shoots to top right corner...but I digress). It has seemed there may be some correlation to the mouse hang and the image file corrupting, but I'm not sure...?
Right now I'm trying a new build disabling the mouse entirely...but I thought it was time to ask if anybody has seen anything like this before?
Thanks kindly in advance...