if your source file is getting altered, then it would appear you have
something like defrag corrupting it, either because you need to run chkdsk
/f on your partitions or the system has a memory or other issue. Otherwise,
the file doesn't change. A file is a file.
"jeffw_00" wrote in message news:
[email protected]...
Thanks, my perception was that more than one Error code led to "Stream
Corrupt" and knowing what the # referred to might give me more information
toward finding the cause. All I want to know is everything IFW knows

..
Turned out to be a transient issue anyway, although an odd one. I did a
full backup last friday, and the differentials I did Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues
were fine, but Wed and Thurs's differential gave me this error. So somehow
the original full got corrupted 5 days after it was created? That's
scary....
However, did a new full on Friday and it seems to be working fine since.
I've seen this in the past, but typically it happens like 1 day out of 6 at
random so I tend to ignore....
any/all thought welcome - thanks!
/j